Parents of small children do not get, or make for that matter, too much time to spend alone anymore. Here are 14 alternative date night ideas for Valentines Day that wont cost you a dime.
I personally live outside of the city in Norway, and don’t have the access to fun new restaurants, clubs, museums, um, the list goes on. I also have no family near me to help with any regular babysitting.
My husband and I, who are on average on an overnight call at the hospital x 1 per week each, have to do all the child rearing, home-keeping, and somewhere in there, make time for our relationship. It is hard, but it can be done!
For those that have help, or are on a budget, I have listed some free date night ideas for you and your loved one, just in time for Valentines Day. Rain check for us, hubby will be on call 🙂
1. Watch a movie together, with buttery popcorn of course!
2. Read poetry aloud to one another.
3. Couples massages.
4. Take a bath or shower together, and wash each others hair and body.
5. Cook dinner together.
6. Spoon feed each other dessert.
7. Listen to music together.
8. Read books cuddled under a blanket.
9. Get outside! Hold hands while walking.
10. Free entry to a museum? Go!
11. Write a bucket list together.
12. Play a board game.
13. Get that DIY house project done together.
14. MAKE LOVE! Free + fitness, win win!
So there you have it, a nice list of free date ideas. Some of them are certainly every day activities, but it is we who make an everyday an extraordinary day. So spice it up, smile, and enjoy your partner today, and everyday 🙂 Doctors orders.